Monday, August 13, 2007

Sat. 8/11 - Back on the Trail

I've done 8 miles a day since I started again on 8/9. I was gone for the trail for exactly 1 month, of which 25 days were spent in California with my girlfriend. Steph and I spent as much time as possible together while I was there. With our work schedule as full time plus some weekends, our vacation time together was in the evenings. We saw the newest Harry Potter movie, Ratatouille, and the Simpsons movie. We went out for pizza and a beer at Woodstocks and ate at a local chinese place. I was there for Steph's first In & Out burger (which are good, but not unbelievable). We even got together with some friends for work for a potluck at the pool one sunny & windy weekend that we were off of work early. We rode bicycles as much as we could. My uncle Paul was right - Davis really is bicycle friendly. There are overpasses and viaducts just for bikes & pedestrians, and the town is just the right size for realistically getting across on your own power. We swam at the apartment pool and even found some time to work out together. The TV in the workout room gets some of her favorite shows - the ones I love to hate. The stairclimber and treadmill DO NOT duplicate the trail in Maine. Nothing does from what I hear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

uncle smut hates you, for not putting hime on your journal....
(im writting this to you because uncle smut doesnt have any hands) manuel borges...