Friday, June 29, 2007

Thu 6/21

I just took some pictures and video of myself at Big Niagra Falls here in Baxter State Park in Maine. I stopped maybe a mile back for a morning snack and took my boots off for a few minutes. It's hard to hear anything at these falls (not that there's anyone else here to hear), and I'm hoping the video captures the power of these falls. It's windy today, so I'm on edge about rain coming abruptly. I'm not quite in tune with the environment yet to be able to predict the weather, as if I'm going to be. My raingear is handy, and I'll try walking through the rain if there is any. I'm headed to Hurd Brook leanto tonight, but I seem to like stopping when I get tthe chance to, or whenever I see a good opportunity. That's very similar to how I drive long distances by myself, so it doesn't surprise me. I've probably only gone about 3 miles today, so time to press on.

No comments: