Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Home Brewing

St. Patrick's Day is approaching quickly, and I haven't found a more enjoyable way to celebrate it than by drinking beer with good friends. Doing all our drinking at the bars is fun, but doing it on the cheap can be even better. I happened across some homebrew videos on youtube that struck a chord with me. The fella in the videos is so mellow, and that's how I believe it should be approached. I have a couple uncles that are great brewers. They're involved enough to have a dedicated brew-room in one of their homes and a whole brew season (opposite golf season). I don't have quite enough time to brew a green pilsner for Saturday, but I'm interested in trying my hand at brewing.

Watch the videos that inspired me:
1. Make the Wort
2. Equipment & Fermenting
3. Pre-Bottling Prep
4. Bottling

No comments: