$0.24 / mile

I bought a Volkswagen Jetta on ebay in July 2003 for $2,300. I drove it for 55,000 miles until two weeks ago, February 24th, it died on me while driving down the highway. I tried fixing it, but it was beyond my skills of a mechanic. I listed it on Craigslist Minneapolis and had 20+ responses. I sold it within 24 hours of listing it for $1,000.
Over the years I put in a new clutch ($350), new front suspension ($140), new rear suspension ($60), tie rod ($30), control arm ($20), plus the little things like wipers, oil changes, coolant, spark plugs, etc. I probably didn't spend more than $1000 over the 43 months that I drove it, not including fuel.
55,000 mi / $2300 = $0.24 per mile
2 comments:
congrats on selling it - nice photoshopped license plate!
thanks for all your snowman building help...
good job! I don't think I want to know my cost per mile with the van!
We just got home at 5:30 and the title is postmarked! dad fwent to bed..a flu bug I guess.
Mom
Post a Comment