Sunday, March 26, 2006

Ducks Over the Dam

Michael and Thea spent this past weekend in St. Cloud. Thea is interviewing tomorrow for her graduate studies at the Genetics Division at the U of M, which brings them to the area. Unfortunately Brad was in California this weekend otherwise I'm sure it would have been a Johnson brother reunion.

So what did we do all weekend? Well I celebrated my 25th birthday party on Friday night by throwing myself a party. I had two birthday cakes and candles to blow out after half the rowing club sang for me. On Saturday, Steph and I gave a campus / city tour by car. At the same time we walked over to see the dam up close a large ice flow carrying three sleeping ducks collided with the dam. It was a little faster than watching a glacier move, and far more exciting that watching paint dry, but we don't think the ducks made it. Their ice ended up out of sight over where the hydroelectric plant intake is, and we think they ended up as ducktricity. We played card games (Phase 15 and Swap) with the rest of the time that we weren't eating or sleeping or eating. I think I'm high on calories.

No comments: