Sunday, May 15, 2005

The Pack



ArcTeryx Bora 80


77 Liters / 4700 cubic inches
6.83 lbs

REI gave me this pack today. Their only requirement was that I give them some money. I went in to try on boots and packs. The packs were closer to the front door, so I never made it to the boots. Last time I was there they said I could bring all my gear to put in the pack for a realistic in-store trial. I had a blast setting up shop in thier map-room by dumping all my gear out of a gigantic stuff sack onto the floor and then carefully loading my first internal frame pack. When I got home I weighed everything and it came out to 40lbs. I don't have my tent inside but there are 6 extra pounds of water to compensate the weight, and there's only 1 day of food in the pack. Next I need to learn how to cook more than just noodle meals, and then go on a weekend trip.

3 comments:

MICHAEL said...

Congrats on the pack, NAJ! Did you make sure to have it professionally fit? Remember, we had some trouble with that last time.

Nick said...

Of course not. It's my pack, I'll decide how it fits! But really though, I'm hoping that my next trip to REI for gear will include a load balancing session with one of their experts.

Anonymous said...

A