Off the trail for now.
I've left the trail. I apologize for waiting this long to write this here, but I was offered a job in Florida at Tallahassee Regional Airport. Networking at a national airport management conference before I started the trail paid off, but will unfortunately tear me from this adventure for now. Since leaving the trail I had the opportunity to visit Springer Mountain (Before anyone I hiked with, I must add!), and I spent some time at the summit thinking about why I was hiking the whole trail at once. It's a physical challenge, for one. It's also an experience of a lifetime. I have some great stories from the trail, and some incredible memories. I've seen sunsets and vistas that can't be captured in any other media than eyesight. I will return to the trail, and I will start over with the same goal of thru-hiking in a single season. I will go slow and enjoy the people and the time, I will take what comes my way, and I will earn the right to call my self a thru-hiker. Until then...
No comments:
Post a Comment