Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Thur. 7/5 – Hostel Stories

I caught up to the foursome ahead of me in Stratton, ME today. It rained last night, and I really needed a spot to dry out. I splurged and stayed at the Stratton Motel for a $20 bed in the hostel. The house on the front of the motel is now for hikers and the owners drive over if you call them to check in. Sue, the owner, was very nice and gave everyone a ride back to the trail when they were ready to go. I met the northbounder L-Train (from Chicago) in the evening after doing some grocery shopping, and rediscovered how fun a good storyteller was to listen to. He told us all about the time that he was injured and needed a lift – only to get a ride by a member of a cult! I found out later that maybe not all his stories are true, but that didn't subtract from the entertainment value of L-Train.

No comments: