WikiNews Brings It
I don't mention often how much I like the communication power of the internet, but I think that is what I love most about being online. I like my news, but don't like waiting for television to get to the story I want to know about. Therefore, I don't watch much tv. A DVR could change that, but this isn't about me & TV.
Wikinews is a live spawn of Wikipedia, and is probably as reliable as breaking news gets. You can get it in a feed, and it's worldwide coverage appears to have little bias. I sometimes wonder whether there is bias behind the media in the US, and often suspect it. Not to say that the news we get from it isn't true. In fact, quite the opposite. I just feel that there are stories or sides of stories that you won't find there. It's not "popular" enough for precious primetime viewing hours. I'm still implying TV, but the print media isn't void of their biases either. Back home, the Racine Journal-Times (local paper) has come off in the past having pro SC Johnson and anti Racine Unified biases.
No comments:
Post a Comment