Back on Track
I'm back.
Little break from things - blogging included - is over. Will I still hike? Yes. When? Not as soon as I planned.
I haven't been entirely sitting around on my butt since I moved to Racine in Feb/March though. Since it's started to get nicer outside I've been mountain biking in Kettle Moraine, biking around town, and had my pack on to shake the spiders out of it. Headed back out to Kettle Moraine tomorrow, too. I can't wait to be back out there, sailing down a hill, around a curve, and within inches of trees that wouldn't even shake if you wrapped your bike around them.
Anyways, the real news is in dragon boat racing. I may have the opportunity to race in the Midwest Dragon Boat Festival right here in Racine. It's after the Fourth of July and I hear they're looking for rowers. It's actually paddling, but I won't argue if they let me in the boat. Wikipedia tells me it's a 500 meter course. I used to row 5 kilometer courses with the Rowing Club at SCSU, so 500m is just a sprint. In crew 500 meters is called a "split" and is the base measurement for a rower's speed. I think my best split was 1 minute 43 seconds - a long time ago. So all this writing and the race probably won't last more than 3 minutes - tops.
No comments:
Post a Comment