Instead of bookmarking http://appalachianeagle.blogspot.com, I can create a live bookmark to an XML file that is automatically updated when you post using Blogger.
In this case, the file is at http://appalachianeagle.blogspot.com/atom.xml - Firefox reads that XML file and allows me to "preview" your blog before actually going to it through a dynamically updating menu structure.
Basically, it makes it easier to keep up with more websites that publish their content to an XML file (this is known as syndication).
Check out the partial screenshot at http://bradleypjohnson.no-ip.com/images/livebookmarks.jpg for an example...
Walking from Georgia to Maine will be one of the most challenging things I've ever attempted. I'm doing it for many reasons... I enjoy backpacking, I love being outdoors, I want the challenges a thru-hike yeild, and there is no better time to accomplish a six-month-long hike than between college and the beginning of my career in Aviation Management. There are other ways to enjoy the Appalachian Trail than attempting to walk from end to end in one season, but this is my dream.
I'm living my dream.
1 comment:
Live Bookmarks = the bomb diggity
Instead of bookmarking http://appalachianeagle.blogspot.com, I can create a live bookmark to an XML file that is automatically updated when you post using Blogger.
In this case, the file is at http://appalachianeagle.blogspot.com/atom.xml - Firefox reads that XML file and allows me to "preview" your blog before actually going to it through a dynamically updating menu structure.
Basically, it makes it easier to keep up with more websites that publish their content to an XML file (this is known as syndication).
Check out the partial screenshot at http://bradleypjohnson.no-ip.com/images/livebookmarks.jpg for an example...
Post a Comment