-436.How It All Began
Around my brothers birthday on October 13th, 2004 I was standing at work bored stupid. I was standing there looking down at my choice of footwear. Raichle Hiking Boots. Purchased for some upcoming hiking I was going to be doing with Boy Scouts. I've completed Philmont, Ben Delatour Scout Ranch, and have hiked up logging roads to cross the continental divide in Colorado to climb Mount Lulu, and the Kettle Moraine southern unit in southeastern Wisconsin. It dawned on me that I wanted to go hiking again. Looking for some real high adventure hiking, like my boy scout troop called it. I wanted to hike a big solo trip. I discovered my trips destination matched the place where my grandpa had said to me he wanted to hike - The Appalachian Trail.
Georgia to Maine. Requiring 6+ months of your life to hike 2,174 miles. You only have what you carry on your back, too.
I battled with myself on the reality and practicality of doing this massive trip. One month later and I have convinced myself that I am actually going to attempt this. This is my reality. It will happen. It must happen. This is where my blog begins.
1 comment:
ooh, the drama of it all!
Post a Comment